American Lady
Vanessa virginiensis

f25 @ 1/320s, ISO:1250, Nikon D3S w 105mm macro

"American Lady," Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Vanessa virginiensis is most easily distinguishable by its two large eyespots on the ventral side, whereas V. cardui has four small eyespots and V. annabella has none. V. virginiensis also uniquely features a white dot within the forewing subapical field, set in pink on the underside and usually also in the dorsal side's orange field.
Francis A. Crane Wildlife Management Area, East Falmouth, Massachusetts